Rollover Accident Lawyers in California
While proper safety measures can prevent loss of life from a rollover accident, nothing but cautious driving and a safely operating vehicle can prevent a rollover completely. Responsible for thousands of deaths each year, rollover accidents can occur in both personal and commercial vehicles. The skilled California rollover accident lawyers at Panish, Shea and Boyle specialize in helping victims recover damages from this life-changing event.
Why Do Rollover Accidents Occur?
With a higher than average fatality rate, rollover accidents are responsible for nearly 300,000 auto accidents per year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. As more than 15% of auto accidents involve rollovers, the number of lives affected increases daily. In our years of experience working with auto accident victims, the following factors have been found to significantly contribute to rollover rate:
- Type of vehicle. Most rollover accidents are associated with trucks, bus accidents, vans and SUVs, though the most dangerous rollovers can occur with tractor-trailers. All four vehicle types have a higher center of gravity than standard cars, which results in a higher rollover rate.
- Weather conditions. Changing weather conditions can seriously impact a driver’s ability to adjust without risking an accident. At the start of a rain storm, water combines with oil and residue found on pavement, resulting in a slick surface on which it’s easy to lose control.
- Speed during turns. Trucks & speeding/negligence, and failing to slow down in time to turn is one of the primary causes of SUV and large truck rollovers. Once a vehicle’s stability is compromised, life-threatening rollovers compromise the safety of life and property.
With the exception of an uncommon vehicle malfunction, rollover accidents are generally preventable. Unfortunately, the effects can be irreversible. To get started on your case as soon as possible, seek legal counsel once medical treatment is received.
Steps to Take After a Rollover Accident
Recovering from an accident is a confusing time. Between physical pain, emotional turmoil and financial difficulty, your quality of life and ability to function can change drastically. Instead of struggling with debt and suffering silently, let your voice be heard by contacting an experienced California rollover accident lawyer. Take the following steps to get started:
- Gather information. Acquire all available information, including medical records, police reports and eye witness contact information, prior to meeting with an attorney. Providing details about the case will expedite the process.
- Complete your consultation. After a traumatic experience, many questions and concerns begin to cloud your thoughts. Create a list of questions to review during your consultation to receive ideal recommendations from your lawyer.
- Move forward with your case. While compensation will not restore your life to its pre-accident state, financial stability, closure and peace of mind work together to enhance the quality of your future.
Help From California Rollover Accident Attorneys
At Panish, Shea and Boyle, we work with both individuals and families to recover losses sustained after a rollover accident. To expedite the receipt of compensation after an accident, seek the help of an experienced rollover accident attorney in California as soon as possible. With years of experience winning cases involving rollover accidents, our attorneys provide legal support and counsel from your initial consultation to the final ruling. Contact us today at 877-800-1700 to schedule your no-cost consultation.