California Big Rig Tire Blowout Accident Attorneys
As the number of big rigs on the road increases each year, tire blowouts are becoming more common. By themselves, blowouts aren’t necessarily dangerous. However, a driver unprepared for such an emergency can easily lose control of a commercial truck, putting other lives in danger. Often, receiving legal counsel immediately is the best method of recourse to ensure rapid recovery of damages and at Panish, Shea and Boyle LLP we represent individuals and families affected by blowout-related truck accidents with our experienced team of big rig tire blowout accident attorneys in California.
What Causes a Tire Blow Out?
Multiple factors contribute to the durability and reliability of commercial truck tires. Truck drivers or managing trucking companies are responsible for routine maintenance, repairs and inspections. Unfortunately, not all parties take these responsibilities seriously, though these tasks are a requirement for licensed commercial drivers. In our years of experience representing commercial truck accident victims, we have identified the main sources of big rig tire blowouts as follows:
- Tire imperfection. When tires do not wear evenly on the inside and outside, weak spots in the rubber are created. At higher speeds or during rough weather conditions, a tire containing too many weak spots is prone to explode. As a preventable cause of blowouts, uneven tread is easily replaced with a new tire.
- Lack of maintenance. Unaddressed damage to a tire may increase the chance of explosion, particularly while the rig is moving. Though regular maintenance would likely prevent a blowout, not all drivers or companies are diligent about routine vehicle maintenance.
- Improper inspection. Big rigs require regular inspection to ensure the safe operation of a commercial vehicle. Failure to submit to inspections may result in driving a big rig while significant risk factors are present.
- Speeding. If a big rig tire does contain imperfections, neglecting to obey the speed limit increases the probability of a blowout. Though most truck drivers understand the dangers of speeding, those disobeying the speed limit are more likely to be involved in an accident.
Whether one or any combination of these factors are present, the chance of a tire blowout drastically increases when measures are not taken to ensure maintenance and safety. As it stands, big rigs going approximately 60 mph require a few hundred feet of braking distance. In the event of a tire blowout, loss of control rapidly follows. During the few seconds a truck driver has to try and control the rig, serious injuries and property damage can occur. Our California truck tire blowout accident attorneys can help you recover compensation for injuries, a wrongful death and property damage.
What Happens After a Commercial Truck Accident?
In the aftermath of a trucking accident, victims may be scared, confused and feel as though all hope is lost. Contacting the owner directly to recover losses often proves more frustrating than beneficial. Once medical treatment is obtained, the next best step is contacting an experienced attorney. The California big rig tire blowout accident lawyers at Panish, Shea and Boyle LLP have years of experience helping victims receive due compensation after a truck-related accident.
Is a Tire Blowout Dangerous?
Truck tire blowouts pose a severe risk for both the truck driver and other passenger vehicles on the road. A tire blowout causes the trucker to lose control of the vehicle, resulting in severe crashes, injuries and property damage. A tire blowout is dangerous because it causes a chain of events that endanger everyone’s lives.
- Tire debris can fly off and hit a vehicle’s windshield causing the driver to lose control and/or crash.
- A trucker loses control of the big rig making it difficult to safely steer in any direction, which can result in them crossing multiple traffic lanes and causing several car crashes.
- When a tire blows out it causes the truck to tip on its side, this could result in a truck rollover which can wreak havoc on a highway.
If you’re involved in a trucking accident caused by a tire blowout, an experienced California truck tire blowout accident lawyer can help you determine liability and guide you through a personal injury claim.
Contact Us To Recover Financial Compensation
Being involved in a big rig-related accident is a terrifying experience, but delaying help will only make the situation worse. Whether property was damaged, injuries were sustained or lives were lost, there is a legal option available to you. Waiting too long to begin the process may affect your chances of winning a case. Contact us at Panish, Shea and Boyle LLP today on 877-800-1700 to schedule a free consultation with one of our dedicated California trucking accident attorneys.