California Wrongful Death Lawyers
When a loved one dies unexpectedly, the pain can be unbearable. Often, family and friends of the deceased are left to raise children, mend relationships and spend years in mourning. During this difficult time, it’s common for those affected to lose sight of legal options. Unfortunately, delaying a wrongful death claim prevents a victim’s loved ones from receiving deserved compensation for their loss.
At Panish, Shea and Boyle, we are well versed wrongful death cases as they result from truck accidents in California and we work with spouses, siblings, parents, extended family and friends to ensure their loved one’s passing was not in vain by fighting for justice.
What is Considered “Wrongful Death?”
Many circumstances have led to filing and winning wrongful death claims. In all cases, documenting details of the event is paramount to developing a winning case. Though the possibilities are endless, common wrongful death claims include:
- Drunk driving. In fatalities resulting from collision with a drunk driver, a wrongful death claim may be filed. If the person at fault is deceased, there may be other options available to recover damages.
- Transportation malfunction. When traveling locally or abroad, transportation malfunctions leading to a fatal crash may be cause for a wrongful death claim.
- Defective items. Many products do not receive thorough inspections before going on the market. If wrongful death occurs after use, surviving loved ones are encouraged to file a claim.
Details of wrongful death cases vary, but plaintiffs may include manufacturers, local and national businesses, a private citizen or other entity. To determine whether your situation qualifies for a wrongful death claim, speaking with an experienced attorney is advised.
Recovering Damages after Wrongful Death
Potential recovered damages after a wrongful death case may include the following:
- Funeral expenses. Full costs of funeral arrangements are generally included when calculating total losses.
- Income loss. A deceased loved one may have been the sole provider for family members, leaving survivors unable to cope with a drastic loss in income.
- Loss of companion. Non-financial factors play a large role determining damages, as companionship, love and support are irreplaceable qualities.
For the best chance at winning your wrongful death claim, begin working with an attorney as soon as possible.
Seek Legal Counsel Now
At Panish, Shea and Boyle, we’ve had the privilege of working with family members and friends of wrongful death victims for years. We understand that navigating the legal process in this difficult season can be challenging; that’s why our team of knowledgeable attorneys are here to organize and represent your case. When working with us, you can expect:
- Individual attention from an experienced wrongful death lawyer in California
- Diligent pursuit of compensation for loss
- Driven team of legal staff dedicated to winning your case
Win Your Claim With the Help of a California Wrongful Death Attorney
We understand that no amount of compensation will ever replace a loved one; however, it’s important to bring those at fault to justice. By seeking legal counsel as soon as possible, California wrongful death lawyers are able to gather the most accurate information about the case. In a court of law, a lack of evidence leads to uncertain results. Consult an attorney at Panish, Shea and Boyle to explore your legal options. Contact us to schedule a free consultation, today at 877-800-1700.