20 Private Companies with Largest Trucking Fleets in the U.S.
Tractor-trailers keep the American economy moving, transporting billions of dollars’ worth of goods across millions of miles of roads every day. Some companies have staggeringly large fleets that enable those companies to complete billions in sales, and we’ve broken down the list of the top 20 private company fleets in the United States for 2022.
- The biggest fleet in the U.S. belongs to PepsiCo, Inc. It owns 11,079 tractors, 16,138 trucks, and 6,682 pickup trucks and cargo vans. PepsiCo also owns 20,105 trailers for securing goods in transit. This enormous fleet helps PepsiCo take in $79.5 billion per year in sales.
- Wal-Mart owns 9,280 tractors, 25 trucks, and a whopping 76,361 trailers. This fleet allows Wal-Mart to make $572.8 billion in annual sales.
- Sysco Corp. owns 8,632 tractors, 1,649 trucks, and 10,594 trailers, allowing $51.3 billion in annual sales.
- U.S. Foods reports about $29.5 billion in annual sales with the help of a fleet consisting of 5,969 tractors, 433 trucks, and 7,748 trailers.
- The Performance Food Group does $30.4 billion in annual sales using a fleet of 5,682 tractors, 623 trucks, and 7,770 trailers.
- Halliburton Co. uses a fleet of 5,677 tractors, 2,793 trucks, and 11,136 trailers to do $15.3 billion in annual sales.
- Reyes Holdings takes in $27.8 billion in annual sales with the help of 5,106 tractors, 691 trucks, and 1,310 pickups and cargo vans, and 7,136 trailers.
- The McLane Co. owns a fleet of 3,996 tractors, 128 trucks, 5,611 trailers, and 45 pickup trucks and cargo vans making $84.3 billion in annual sales.
- Tyson Foods owns 2,594 tractors, 46 trucks, and 5,024 trailers to earn about $47 billion in annual sales.
- Helena Agri-Enterprises uses a fleet of 2,546 tractors, 1,800 trucks, and 2,670 trailers.
- NexTier owns a fleet of 2,177 tractors, 313 trucks, and 4,087 trailers and does $1.4 billion in annual sales.
- United Rentals does $9.7 billion in annual sales using a fleet of 2,157 tractors, 3,936 trucks, and 3,007 trailers.
- Gordon Food Service owns 2,064 tractors, 34 trucks, and 2,851 trailers and does $16 billion in annual sales.
- Schlumberger Limited makes about $22.9 billion in annual sales with the help of a fleet of 2,046 tractors, 271 trucks, 138 pickups and cargo vans, and 5,512 trailers.
- Pilot Co. owns 1,845 tractors, 66 trucks, and 1,962 trailers.
- DOT Foods owns a fleet of 1,788 tractors, 12 trucks, 14 pickups and cargo vans, and 2,900 trailers.
- Sunbelt Rentals uses a fleet of 1,756 tractors, 100 trucks, 4,160 pickups and cargo vans, and 2,501 trailers to rake in $8 billion in annual sales.
- ProFrac Holding Corporation owns 1,647 tractors, 134 trucks, and 2,082 trailers.
- Amazon.com Inc. takes in $469.8 billion in annual sales using a fleet of 1,645 tractors, 37,410 trailers, and an astounding 12,835 trucks.
- United Natural Foods Inc. (UNFI) owns 1,611 tractors, 12 trucks, and 4,620 trailers. This fleet helps UNFI earn more than $27 billion in annual sales.
Large enterprises need a fleets of reliable vehicles to serve their customers. As companies grow, their fleets typically grow with them to meet increased demand and earn more revenue. This list of the top 20 fleets in the U.S. is constantly changing as the leading private companies expand, adjust, and consolidate their resources.